Well, I've finally decided to blog, if only for a few weeks! As we prepare to travel to Ch*na for our precious little dumpling, I know that the usual ways of communicating with everyone via Facebook & email will not be available once we arrive in-country. Several helpful folks have suggested that I create a blog for the purpose of posting photos, sharing stories, and offering a seat to anyone who wishes to 'virtually' travel with us...
If you've known me for any time, you then know how much I love plucking around the yard, playing in the flowers, and puzzling about on my quest to grow peppers & tomatoes during a wicked Texas drought! (Thinking my years in Q should have prepared me for this, right?!) Well, it should be no surprise that some of my biggest faith-building lessons come from my 'Grace Garden', named so because anything that grows here, grows only by the grace of God! And I also know that God's hands are not only tending my garden, they are constantly cultivating my life - especially during this season of adoption! You see, God planted a wish for another child in our family's heart nearly 3 years ago, and now, finally, we are are about to see this fantastic wish sprout into a wonderfully-made little boy whom we'll soon meet...His name is Nicholas Bennett Qing.
My sincerest thanks to those of you who choose to share this journey with my family! I write for all of us when I tell you that we are most humbled that you wish to walk alongside us, and we are deeply touched by your support and prayers! With God as the gardener, you can be certain that spending time in this garden will produce an abundance of memories, sprinkle showers of lessons, and most likely, we'll work together to uproot any pesky weeds that attempt to take root along the way!
Well, it's time for me to roll up my sleeves, slip on some gloves, and grab a spade (or wireless mouse)...today we're planting a little blog, and very soon we're picking up a SPROUT!
Love the garden blog! You know me...I will be right there with you - planting and weeding away! PS - and adding some blue and pink flowers to the mix! :) And maybe a sunflower or two!
ReplyDeleteThis looks super! When do you leave? Are you all going? David is back in Doha and I am left to settle in. Helen starts her senior year at Bellaire High a week from tomorrow! I plan to start an MIT group there, as the last one seems to be defunk!
ReplyDeleteThanks for doing this so we can follow. Also helps with prayer focus :0)
ReplyDeleteI must say, he shines like a Ream!!!!
Tish...I am so excited for you guys...you are sooooo close!!! I was looking at our video's from our trip to bring Solomon home and I have a short clip of me with Solomon, Dalton, & Nicholas. Hubby needs to make it smaller but as soon as he does, I'll email it to ya!! BTW..LOVE the blog!!! Blessings, stacy
ReplyDelete