This is the post I've been blogging in my mind for months...'We're Off!' I'd write, and follow it with tidbits of humor and naivety, and possibly a quirky little scripture to boot. But, let me tell you the same thing I was cautioned - adoption is NOT for the faint of heart! Oh how terribly true! Just last night, my household had run the full emotional spectrum from tears of joy to doubts of 'what if' to belly laughs of 'can't wait until'... Even the family pets were acting out - the bad puppy consumed a pink plastic ruler and the kooky kitty decided to 'mark' Miss M's bathmat in protest when she sighted the suitcases! Perhaps, they, too, could sense our anxiousness, worry, and excitement. I don't know what's gotten into them, or what's gotten into us! But I do know that in the last 48 hours, my adoption pregnancy -this strange, wonderful, vulnerable journey - has surprised me with emotions that I never expected, nor did I experience when I carried my 'homegrown' sprouts!
And just when I think I've collected myself, dried the tears, and begin the next packing task, I find beautiful little messages written to Sprout from his big brother and sister...(names may be spelled wrong, but sweetest sentiment is there no less!)
Yep, I'm a mess. I will most likely still be a mess when I deplane in Fuzhou on Sunday afternoon. I'll definitely move from 'mess' to 'WRECK' when we reach the hotel and precious Nicholas is finally in our sight and within our arms...
Keep those prayers comin' my warriors! And in the meantime, I'm packing waterproof mascara....
Safe travels. I am looking forward to following your journey. Your Nicholas is sooo cute! I am right behind you, hoping to get my Xiaoping (Madison)before Christmas from Jinjiang!!
ReplyDeleteMichele